“How do I avoid identity theft”- has become a very common matter of anxiety for most of the people now-a-days because of the internet hackers. And the most surprising matter is that the hacker does not even need your plastic card to use your credit card for him rather he only needs your credit card number and personal details and this is called “identity theft”. In short, “Identity theft” is actually an act of using someone’s personal details without his knowledge to make some fraudulent activities like- spending for himself.
So While doing online transactions using your credit card be aware of identity theft that might be happened with you. Your personal details is really a valuable asset. And that’s why you should have a good internet security on your computer so that no one can be able to trace your details and can misuse it. if you are using some friend’s laptop make sure that his system is protected properly and don’t forget to sign out from your accounts followed by closing the window.
I guess, you are still thinking “how do I avoid identity theft”. Few more tips to avoid credit card identity theft are given below:
- Do not provide Your NIN (national insurance number) and your national insurance card should be kept in a safe place.
- Be aware of your wallet always as it generally carries all your important identity detection materials and cars.
- Review Statements of your bank accounts and credit cards carefully.
- Do not send your important financial documents in the trash of your computer because hackers are smart enough to get their useful info from there.
- Review your credit report per Year and you may contact the credit reporting bureau if any discrepancy found.
- Do not use easy Passwords for credit card account and your internet banking profiles.